Imago Techmedia Ltd is registered in England and Wales under Company No. 04865455. VAT No. GB 843 8456 01
Registered Office: Bedford House, Fulham Green, 69-79 Fulham High Street, London, SW6 3JW, United Kingdom
Business Address: Imago Techmedia, 2C Bedford House, Fulham Green, 69-79 Fulham High Street, London, SW6 3JW, United Kingdom
Imago Techmedia is a subsidiary of Clarion Events Limited
Zerto advances Hybrid Cloud Resilience and Application Mobility Capabilities with new Zerto Virtual Replication 5.5
Thursday 31 August 2017
Zerto, a leading provider of cloud IT resilience and application mobility solutions, today announced the general availability of Zerto Virtual Replication 5.5 (ZVR 5.5). This product release introduces Microsoft Azure bi-directional replication, faster AWS recovery and new Zerto Analytics capabilities to gain IT environment insights. ZVR 5.5 provides increased flexibility and speed when utilising the cloud to drive IT resilience, which allows enterprises to overcome disruption and meet evolving business priorities.
- New Microsoft Azure bi-directional replication and up to 5x faster AWS recovery greatly simplify mobility across public cloud environments
- ZVR 5.5 is first solution on the market to provide replication and recovery of enterprise applications, both to and from cloud environments
- New Zerto Analytics and streamlined data management significantly improves IT resilience and business competitiveness
Microsoft Azure Bi-Directional Replication
Expanding upon Zerto’s highly-rated business continuity and disaster recovery technology, ZVR 5.5 is the first solution on the market to provide replication and recovery of enterprise applications, both to and from Microsoft Azure. This feature enhances customers’ efforts to achieve resilience by enabling applications to be mobilised, tested, managed and protected across different infrastructures, all while protecting those infrastructures. The ability to replicate out of Azure also enables failback of production workloads to VMware or Hyper-V environments with ROI-producing RPOs of seconds and RTOs of minutes.
Up to 5x Faster AWS Recovery
ZVR 5.5 greatly increases the speed of recovering applications with improved AWS recovery automation. The enhancement provides 3-5x faster recovery times in AWS, making it even easier to utilise the public cloud for disaster recovery or for testing and development on a near real-time replication environment. The AWS enhancements also allow for expanded support to AWS regions in Canada, Ohio, London and Mumbai.
ZVR 5.5 also introduces the Zerto Analytics platform which provides real-time and historical analytics on the status and health of multi-site, multi-cloud environments. Zerto Analytics elevates resilience management by delivering visibility of protected applications across the entire infrastructure, empowering decisions with business intelligence based on live and historical protection and consumption data.
– MORE –
Other new features available with ZVR 5.5 include:
- Automatic virtual replication appliance upgrades: Provides one upgrade process for all ZVR components, streamlines IT operations and minimises risk associated with updates and upgrades, while maximising uptime on business applications.
- Extended API coverage: Additional APIs allow for complete integration with automation platforms, cloud portals and customised environments to extend the flexibility of disaster recovery processes.
- Improved management of virtual environment changes: Delivers enhanced resiliency to virtual environment instabilities and human errors.
- The Zerto Mobile Widget: Enables anytime access to quickly see environment health statistics without opening the full application.
- Support for vCenter 6.5 and Hyper-V 2016/SCVMM 2016: Opens Zerto’s virtual replication up to support an even wider range of platforms.
“The transition to Zerto Virtual Replication 5.5 has been effortless for TenCate’s IT organisation as we pursue a ‘cloud first’ strategy throughout our global infrastructure. Protecting and managing workloads in the public cloud – particularly Microsoft Azure – is as simple as going from on-premises to on-premises with matching RTO performance,” said Jayme Williams, Senior Systems Engineer, TenCate. “This capability is unlike anything on the market and will help us continue to benefit from using a cloud infrastructure knowing our workloads will always reside in the optimal location and perform as expected.”
“As an award-winning cloud service provider, it is our job to ensure our customers have complete confidence in the flexibility, performance and security of the cloud environments we manage for them,” said James Emerson, Vice President of Managed Services, HOSTING. “The new Microsoft Azure bi-directional replication, faster time to AWS, and analytics capabilities will help us exceed customer expectations as we service their hybrid cloud workload management needs.”
“The release of Zerto Virtual Replication 5.5 is the latest proof point of what’s possible in the cloud as we build upon our disaster recovery roots, and continue to empower customers by making their jobs easier and businesses more competitive,” said Ziv Kedem, CEO and Co-founder, Zerto. “The latest innovations categorically depart from the old ways of serving IT business needs and focus on the increasing dependency on the public cloud to host workloads and critical data. These are just some of the hallmarks of a truly IT resilient organisation.”
Zerto, Inc. TouchdownPR (for Zerto)
Erik Mason Katie Schaeffer
Zerto are exhibitors of IP EXPO Nordic, visit them on stand 232